Will I miss:
- "Good morning, Madam/Sir"
- our apartment's view of the Andaman sea out front, jungle out back
- the sound/feel when two motorcycles pass you at speed, one on either side, on a 2-lane winding road with no shoulder
- finding a gecko in the cereal box
- unregulated traffic, where lane markers are mere suggestions, frequently very poor ones
- not having to wear socks, ever (YES!)
- hearing defaMAtory, cooperAtive, aCADemic, cerVEYEcal cancer
- Ramadan bad breath (poor things can't brush their teeth during the day all month)
- perplexing items in the store, such as:
Just came across this quote from Mark Twain: “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.” I do dearly wish everyone in the US would travel, or have to attempt to learn a language--any language, just to see that there are other ways of thinking.
Trump-land here we come, well, via many interesting places on the way as we meander back over the next month, namely Georgia, Macedonia, Albania, Sardinia and Sicily 🙋